Friday 20 January 2012

Cognos Transformer TR1100 invalid Keyword

Hi Guys,

Finally I found the Error

I was using Cognos10 samples that i had in cognos 8.4 transformer.Nothing else.Took me a long time
to understand this . But you might find my below analysis useful


This is my first time using a transformer.I have basic idea how it works and i have lot of experience in report studio and cognos administration.But first time using a transformer.

I have installed transformer on my machine and trying to open a .mdl file from cognos samples.However it is giving TR1100.

Below is a link about how to build a cube .
http://www.pwka.com/allegati/gare/pp_disc_trns.pdf

If you click on help you will get the below detailed error description

TR1100

The import file file_name has an invalid keyword on line n.

There is an invalid keyword in the MDL script.

Check that all the keywords are spelled correctly on the specified line. For more information about supported keywords, see the Transformer Developer Guide.
t.

Things to remember while dealing with Cubes
Your Cube model is .Mdl
Once you publish a cube it becomes .Mdc

I was not able to remove the error with .mdl file instead i used the .mdc file created a datasource connection in cognos .In cognos 10 no need to go to FM to publish the package.Once you create a datasource it will ask you whether you require to create a package and it will automatically create a package

2 comments:

  1. A correction: the model file does not change extension on publishing. The model file (.mdl) contains the logic required to produce a cube. The cube file (.mdc) the output produced by running the model against the datasource(s).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks rasmair .I am preety new to cubes.Started it two days back.Noting whatever i can understand and find

    ReplyDelete