Thursday 3 November 2011

RSV-DST-0012 An error occurred while saving the output for the burst

I am facing the above issue.I have already tried the IBM standard help for this issue as well as IT toolbox discussion .But no help.I am having a business requirement where i am asked to burst report views in my folders . so i tried similar thing in go sales.

I have created a list with year as 1st column and revenue as 2nd column.Now i want to burst by year . only one query here .But the trick is i want report views created for all the years . I dont have a directory set up on server where the outputs gets saved .Now in my previous company i have saved outputs on file system and it used to work fine .But this time i need to created report views .

So on burst receipient i give list query as the query . Year as data item and type directory entries (Now this is the catch) .Since i dont have a directory set here to save the report outputs and saving them as report view in my folders .I am getting this error ??

Has anyone bursted report views in my folders before??Or we can do only 2 things with burst either email them and save them on directoy (Like C drive ,D drive on server)
Please let me know

Solution -

You cant burst multiple views .When you click on save as report view while bursting .You will get only one report view created and under that report view you will have multiple busted outputs according to your burst group .

How to burst a single burst view with multiple report outputs in it according to burst group

I have attached below screenshot .

When you say burst as email and do not click on send report by email in run with advanced options .Report outputs are created in same report view



Regards
Kapil

No comments:

Post a Comment